#61 Black Octagon

Black Octagon

1440 Pro

• Moderators
  • 910 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

And as for skyrim, where did you get nvidia was working on this. I mean, it makes sense that they would. But knowing that they are working on this, would be awesome to me.

Lol, I just spent the better part of 30 minutes trying to find my 'source' for this.  I finally realised that I read this from...you :)

I can't even remember the last time something was truly a game changer. A nice feature is NOT a gamer changer (shadowplay, physx, etc) a game changer is when you change what something MEANS. 

Read this article. 
http://www.tomshardw....itor,3699.html

THAT SAID. They can't get skyrim working. That's something nividia or bethesda are going to work on, as skyrim modded is my favorite game of all time. And not being able to gsync it, would be a crying shame.

Source: OP of this thread: http://120hz.net/sho...-Preview-Review

Looking again at the rest of your sentence, perhaps you meant to say "that's something nvidia or bethesda are going to HAVE TO work on," or perhaps "that's something nvidia or bethesda are HOPEFULY going to work on"?

Sorry for the confusion.  I'm sure there's a joke somewhere in here about journalists who source each other again and again in a series of daily newspaper articles, until we get to the end of the week, and the double-page spread in the Saturday edition bears no relation whatsoever to reality except for the fact that unemployment is a half percent higher this month.  If only reality could keep up with the Chinese Whispers effect

"People often ask me where I stand politically. It's not that I disagree with Bush's economic policy or his foreign policy, it's that I believe he was a child of Satan sent here to destroy the planet Earth. Little to the left." - Bill Hicks

#62 whitespider999

whitespider999

What's 1440?

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hahaha. That's funny. Well. right now there is no more information, so lets just wait a bit until some surfaces. Then we can go back to mass speculations.

#63 ScribbyDaGreat

ScribbyDaGreat

Overlord

• Administrators
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

There has been a change and I am not sure why.  The DIY Kits are not available so we are only able to offer a MOD service and pre-done 248s upon request.

#64 ScribbyDaGreat

ScribbyDaGreat

Overlord

• Administrators
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

EDIT: Scrib, until watching that I never bothered to look up the term LVDS.  But now that I have, I still need to ask: do LG IPS panels use this signalling method?

Yes, our OC units use LVDS.

#65 whitespider999

whitespider999

What's 1440?

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

I really do hope you find some way to get a gsync module inside an overlord monitor oneday scribby, that would pretty much be the best monitor in the world. 

#66 JJJoe

JJJoe

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

There has been a change and I am not sure why.  The DIY Kits are not available so we are only able to offer a MOD service and pre-done 248s upon request.

so basically we would send our units to you? is it possibly that you could make a DIY kit seperately like the PCB sets?

Oh, also, any idea on the affect G-sync would have on our monitors OC?

#67 ScribbyDaGreat

ScribbyDaGreat

Overlord

• Administrators
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

GSYNC only works on the ASUS 248 monitor.

DIY Kits for the ASUS 248 monitor were going to be released this week, but Nvidia nixed that - no idea why.

Right now, we have no stock on either the kit (so we can mod 248s) or new 248s (they are out of stock until mid-January.)  That could mean the next time 248s are in stock they are GSYNC models.  Again, no idea.

I would have to say this GSYNC release was pretty jacked up - no stock for either the PCB kit to us or now the displays.  Seems strange for Nvidia to drop the ball this badly on such an awesome tech.

Now if only we can get them to focus on the proper panel and size that gamers want - 1440 IPS, then we would be in business!

#68 whitespider999

whitespider999

What's 1440?

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yep, after getting my hands on gsync yesterday, it's only really a revolution for ips. Preferably ips at 1440p with at least some overlocking potential. 

Tn is washed out. So very washed out. Makes games look unexciting and dull. 

#69 Black Octagon

Black Octagon

1440 Pro

• Moderators
  • 910 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

Yep, after getting my hands on gsync yesterday, it's only really a revolution for ips. Preferably ips at 1440p with at least some overlocking potential. 

Tn is washed out. So very washed out. Makes games look unexciting and dull. 

I know what you mean, but the same could be said for LightBoost.  It's (currently) a way to pursue absolute maximum smoothness at the expense of other things like picture quality.  Many are prepared to accept that today, even if the true holy grail will be future support in IPS / 'panels that do not look like ass'

"People often ask me where I stand politically. It's not that I disagree with Bush's economic policy or his foreign policy, it's that I believe he was a child of Satan sent here to destroy the planet Earth. Little to the left." - Bill Hicks

#70 JJJoe

JJJoe

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

GSYNC only works on the ASUS 248 monitor.

DIY Kits for the ASUS 248 monitor were going to be released this week, but Nvidia nixed that - no idea why.

Right now, we have no stock on either the kit (so we can mod 248s) or new 248s (they are out of stock until mid-January.)  That could mean the next time 248s are in stock they are GSYNC models.  Again, no idea.

I would have to say this GSYNC release was pretty jacked up - no stock for either the PCB kit to us or now the displays.  Seems strange for Nvidia to drop the ball this badly on such an awesome tech.

Now if only we can get them to focus on the proper panel and size that gamers want - 1440 IPS, then we would be in business!

I wish i understood more to quantify the chance we get to mod our panels...if it's in the next 6 months that will probably be perfect

#71 whitespider999

whitespider999

What's 1440?

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'd hope for about 3 months. But hey, ips 2560x1440 @ 120hz is something i would wait 6+ for. 

#72 Black Octagon

Black Octagon

1440 Pro

• Moderators
  • 910 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

I'd hope for about 3 months. But hey, ips 2560x1440 @ 120hz is something i would wait 6+ for. 

And I

Or VA

Scribby, you reading this? ;)

#73 ScribbyDaGreat

ScribbyDaGreat

Overlord

• Administrators
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Better question = 

IS NVIDIA?!?!?!?!?

#74 whitespider999

whitespider999

What's 1440?

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Nvidia are probably more concerned with getting enough modules made for the 144 asus TN panels for the time being. The fact that they included you on their page is hopeful, but part of me is still fearful that they underestimate the IPS overclock market and have us extremely low on their list. 

If they did a little web browsing however for the terms 'gsync' they would find that an absolute TON of people interested in this tech, are saying "Will only get when 2560x1440 @ 120hz". I wonder if they are noticing that or not. Each one of those people are not only going to invest in ENTIRELY nvidia hardware, they are probably going to get at LEAST two of their gpu's as well, to drive a screen like that. 

#75 Bebop

Bebop

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

First of all, congrats on your recognition. Let's hope it means further collaboration. 

Second, happy holidays!

Third, I can't wait to kick vsync to the curb. This tech on my OC monitor would be kickass.

Eagerly awaiting further news.

#76 BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ

What's 1440?

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

Any idea if Nvidia will ever release the upgrade kit to the public?

#77 Black Octagon

Black Octagon

1440 Pro

• Moderators
  • 910 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

http://www.blurbuste...diy-gsync-kits/

#78 Black Octagon

Black Octagon

1440 Pro

• Moderators
  • 910 posts
  • antispam:
    spammers

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

Encore encore: http://www.pcper.com...formance-Review Sent from dumbphone (pls excuse typos and dumbness)

#79 ScribbyDaGreat

ScribbyDaGreat

Overlord

• Administrators
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

These were supposed to be made available to the select resellers, we are one of them of course, mid-December.  However, it appears Nvidia was having serious supply issues (something we can relate to!) and that option was pulled at the last minute.  

#80 shadman

shadman

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Well look at what's going on at CES

http://www.blurbuste...0p-120hz-gsync/

You can tell from the URL what that is about ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!